Wednesday 29 March 2017

Most original prize at The 2017 Deep Learning Hackathon

Although I have worked on several deep learning projects in the past, I still consider myself to be a newbie in deep learning because of all the new things that keep coming up and it is so hard to keep up with all that. So, I decided to take part in "The 2017 Deep Learning Hackathon" by Deepgram to work on something I have been wanting to do for a while now.

I built something called Medivh - prophet from Warcraft who has seen the future.  The idea was to build a tool for web developers to predict how users are going to see / use the site even before deploying. Basically, it generates heat maps on websites which show where the user might look at. Example:



I will write another post with all the technical details. Here is the sneak peak of how it was done.




Apart from building that, We got an opportunity to interact with people like Bryan Catanzaro - maker of CUDNN and VP at Nvidia,  Jiaji Huangform from Baidu, Jonathan Hseu from Google Brain etc.

We also got to interact with people from Deepgram and their caffe like framework called Kur which seems pretty good. I think I'll write a review about Kur after playing around with it for some more time.

Also this:

This is me presenting before the results.
For Medivh, I won the "Most original prize" -  Nvidia Titan X pascal. What a beauty!


No comments:

Post a Comment